Get ahead by taking a college course online during the school year!
Credit-bearing online 8-week courses are open to high school students during the academic year. Semester-based Syracuse University courses in the fall and spring are typically 15 weeks in length. The 8-week online courses are therefore accelerated and more time-intensive.
Students participate in one weekly 90-minute synchronous (live) session with the course instructor. Students will also have 8-10 hours of asynchronous work per week, which may include watching videos, reading, and completing assignments
- 8-week Fall Session I: August 30 – October 21, 2021
- Applications Closed: August 15, 2021
- 8-week Fall Session II: October 25 – December 16, 2021
- Application Deadline: September 27, 2021
Browse All Accelerated Semester Online Courses
Choose to enroll in one or more courses for the 8-week terms.
High school students applying to enroll in Syracuse University online courses are expected to be in good academic standing with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Students must be of rising high school junior or senior status or a 2022 high school graduate. Some courses may have additional requirements.
The per credit cost is $695. Therefore, 3-credit courses cost $2085, and 4-credit courses cost $2780. There is a nonrefundable $30 application fee that covers the cost of application processing. Financial aid and discounts are not available for Accelerated Semester Online courses.
All high school students enrolled in an Accelerated Semester Online course will receive advising and support from the Office of Pre-College Programs.
- Proactive outreach and check-ins
- Monitoring of academic progress
- Prompt response and/or referral for any questions
- Suggestions for engaging and participating in the Online Academic Resources available at Syracuse University.
Are you ready to apply?
Click below to begin your application to enroll!